Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lexulous Life Lessons: Never ease up

I have lost a lot of Lexulous games the past two weeks. Now, you always win some and you lose some. That is the nature of any competition where the opponent is worthy enough. If you just compete against completely inferior opponents, then what is the point? It isn't competition anyway.
I am usually very competitive,  by nature. I always have been. But lately,  I have been distracted and simply not trying hard enough.  In many games against very good opponents I have built some very big leads,  leads I usually never give up.  However, being distracted, I didn't try as hard as I could right until the end of the game. For that reason, I lost most of those games.
This has been a problem for me much of my life. I ease up.  I have blogged about that before. Being born with a lot of natural talent, it is very easy to do that and get away with it most of the time. That doesn't mean I should, or that I like that I do that. But I am aware I do it and have never succeeded in stopping this bad habit.
So,  the lesson for today.
Never ease up. If you are going to play, you play hard start to finish. Anything less than your best and you are asking to lose. And you are likely to lose.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact