Saturday, June 23, 2012

One day

The Miami Heat have won the championship. Good for them. Of course, in a perfect world, they never would have. That is how we all wish life worked. Those who game the system, who try to beat the system, don't get what they want and actually get punished by the cosmos for doing what they did.
But, us grownups know it just doesn't work that way. Those who game the system usually come out ahead, in a monetary or external success point of view. I am positive that Lebron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade will get theirs when the Karma god comes knocking at their door at some point. I have to believe that, or else it is hard to live in this world.
Here is the thing though. Do I care that the Heat won the championship? No, I don't care. I don't care because I don't care at all anymore. I don't watch the NBA and I don't care about the results. Since the day that Lebron, Chris and Dwayne colluded to make a team that can't be beat, thereby circumventing the process I have ceased to be interested at all in the league. That is how I have won. I have become indifferent to the whole thing. That is their punishment. Driving away the fans because they are so selfish. Too bad they don't even care about that.
One day, when they are all retired and there is a new generation of players who show respect for the game and for the fans who pay so they can have the life they do, then I will care again. Not before.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact