Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Stormy Monday. But Tuesdays just as bad

"They call it Stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad"


Well, Monday went well. Even better than most Mondays do. Sure,  I goofed off a bit. And I didn't get up until almost 11am. So, you know, it is what it is. But, I did make a list of things I wanted to get done and I worked as hard as I could to do that. For the most part,  I got more done than I usually do. 
Yay for me!
Now, it is Tuesday. The fucking acid test. Can I keep it up? I have to. I have challenged myself. Put it out there. I am on the line here. I think that is part of this. I know I am exposing myself by talking about this, and I want to reverse the trend that, I think,  holds me back.  
So, another list, another set of goals, a day to wake up and see what I can accomplish.
I am up much earlier,  so that is a small victory anyway. I am a night owl. I always will be. But I can temper that to some extent. When 2am starts to consistently become 3:30 or 4am,  then I have to take steps to change that. I know the writers life sounds glamorous, when you think of it from an Ernest Hemmingway perspective, but getting up around noon each day is just not cutting it for me. 
 Finding balance is what it is all about. Sure, I write and think better in the deep part of the quiet night,  but that doesn't mean that net/net it is the best thing for me to get where I need and want to be. The point is to be as productive as I can, day after day. That is the only way I will get where I want to be.  
Tuesday is going okay, but Wednesday looms. And Tuesday can still disappoint. 
Tuesday afternoon is now here. Onward and upward.


 "Tuesday. Afternoon. I'm just beginning to see,  that I'm on my way"
  







 

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact