Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Flip Flopping My Life


My daily routine consists of opening my facebook and gmail first thing and getting updated with what went on while I was away sleeping. Inevitably that leads to not doing the things I need to do work wise. I have decided that facebook is a luxury and the emails can wait. They are the reward for doing my work, not a way to avoid that work by goofing off.
So, now I don't go there first. I go there last, after I have achieved my set goals for the day. If Mark David is not a good boy, then he doesn't get his candy at the grocery store. That is just the way it has to be with a slacker like me.
Now don't get me wrong. Facebook is great and I love my friends on it. But like anything that you enjoy, when it interferes with the things you need to do with your life then it becomes something you need to deal with. I fully admit that I spend more time on Facebook than I need to or should. Not to the point that it has destroyed my life, but to the point that it greatly interferes with it. 
It just seems to be one part avoidance of work and another part interest in certain things that stimulate my mind. Once again, it all boils down to finding that happy balance. But if blogs, stories and scripts are not being completed in the reasonable amount of time they should be then that happy balance is tilted too much to the wrong side. All work and no play is one saying, but too much play and very little work could easily be another for me.
I see this change in my philosophy as not a change of life, but a change of direction. I still want to take the Facebook exit off the highway, I just have to make sure that I get where I need to go otherwise first. 
I wrote this a month ago but then didn't finish the blog and post it as I am today. I have made strides to be more in line with the tone of this, but so far not enough. My goal for March is to take it to the next level. That has been somewhat easier as it seems Facebook has become more boring by the day. I am now aiming for quality over quantity. That pursuit continues as time goes forward. 
It's a process.  


I got pulled into a burning ring of fire, and it burns, burns, burns, that ring of fire.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact