Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I try to keep an open mind.

One of the things I've done since I made the decision to just walk away from social media, mostly facebook (as that was my worst vice) was to go back through the hundreds of saved files I have, and either discard them if they are now trash, 
(and were all along) or take what I have and do what I can with them. Out with the old, in with the new. But first, out with the old.
Finishing, that is one of my biggest problems. Not insurmountable though, I'm no quitter, so I trudge on. So far, 9 of every 10 files I come across are garbage, and that is where they will go. I save everything, but I don't hold on to them forever if I feel there is no worth.
But, that 1 in 10 is still there. I stumbled onto this passage I wrote in 2011. I have no clue what brought me to write this, but here it is raw. 

The title at the top is "Spiritual", so I will stick with that.

I cant feel your touch, because you are motionless
I cant hear your voice, because you are voiceless
I cant see your face, because you are faceless
I can still feel your spirit, because I am spiritual

I thought I would play around with it for 30 seconds, and this is what it ended up being. In, out, fix, post, on to the next one.

 I can feel your touch, but you are motionless
I cant hear your voice, because you are voiceless
I cant see your face, because you are faceless
I can still feel your spirit, because I am spiritual
 I can feel your touch, just like it was yesterday
I cant hear your voice, because yesterday is gone
I cant see your face, because you are gone
I can still feel your spirit, because it lives within me.

As it turns out, that one was worth saving. Some are, some aren't. Tomorrow is another day to see which are, which aren't. I try to keep an open mind about that sort of thing. 

 

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact