Monday, December 5, 2011

Who Cares?

I think I have finally figured out why the U.S. is in the financial and political bind it is in.
I see a lot of bantering about how terrible it is that most of the candidates are middle aged,  white, married and Christian men.
If that is the debate, then of course the electorate is in big trouble.
The debate should be: How come we can't get a competent candidate of any color or gender?
I don't care if the President is male or female, black, white,  blue or red. I don't care if they have sex with monkeys. I even don't care if they go to wild orgy parties in their spare time.
I no more care that they are gay or straight than I do whether an actor or musician is.
I care that they understand the problems they are elected to fix and have a viable plan to fix it.
Until the majority stops focusing on the wrong things,  there really is no hope for real change.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact