Sunday, April 29, 2012

The 15 minute writing strategy

For most of us writer types, we have many ideas and projects on the go at any given time. We all know that, for the most part, we can only really focus on one project at a time if we are to do our best.
But we have those nagging projects. The ones we want to get going but just don't seem to have the time. That great idea that just keeps sitting. I have many of those.
I have taken a new strategy on that. I am taking 15 minutes each day and working on something that has been sitting for quite a while. Sometimes two 15 minute sessions. Hopefully, over the course of six months I will develop 2 or 3 of them to the point where they can become my focus.
So far,  I have gotten several  going that I want to see move forward just by doing this. I think it is something to consider.
I know I cannot devote a lot of time to them at this point, but 15 minutes isn't much, and it breaks up my day nicely. And if enough work gets done, then I suddenly get interested in it. Or, find out it is sitting for a reason, because either it isn't that good or I don't really have any current interest in it.  I have found all three situations to be the case.
It works for me. It might work for you.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact