Sunday, May 13, 2012

Waiting in Hinan


 Waiting in Hinan

I passed into the light. It wasn't what I expected. I didn't know what to think of this place. Was it heaven? Was it hell? It didn't appear to be either.
I was greeted by a figurehead,

"Gary Sampson, come in."

Well, he knew my name. I came in and sat on the couch. Or what appeared to be a couch in this crazy place that made no sense to me. I guess the afterlife is not supposed to make sense. If you try to rationalize and understand it from a earthly point of view, it doesn't make sense. There is no sense.

Suddenly I saw my father. It had been years since he passed, but the figurehead turned into my father, like he had been channeled in this being.


"Gary, tell me your secrets, the secrets you kept from me while we were both on earth"

I didn't know what to do, or say. But I felt compelled to tell those secrets. I don't know why I did, but I did, so out they came.


(Gary goes on to tell his dad his secrets that he kept from him)

It felt like a weight was lifted off my back. I had held it in for all those years. After a few years, or what we used to call years back on earth, I realized that is what this place was all about. There was no right or wrong. This place, this afterlife, was about redemption and honesty. About putting it all out there and sorting out of our problems. Once you had given up all your secrets, you were free..and redeemed. Then, and only then, were you free to move on to another place. A place everyone got to go. There were no sinners or saints at that point. Everyone got to start over with a clean slate. And knowledge that there were no judgements and hence no need for secrets.
The only caveat was that you had to linger in this holding station until all you had contact with on earth had passed through and resolved any issues with due to the holding of secrets.
In the end, it was all about secrets. No good. No bad. Just deception. That was the lesson. There was no such thing as a justifiable deception. They never preached or taught you that on earth. Once you learned that straighforward honesty was the best strategy, you released the secrets that ate at you day in and day out and you moved on to the better place.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact