Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lexulous Life Lessons: Trying to make the big score

Slow and steady wins the race.
How many times in your life have you heard that?
But most of us don't follow that advice. We buy lottery tickets. We invest in that hot stock, that is very speculative, in order to make the quick score.
I have been prone to this behavior most of my life. Even though I am  very level headed, hard working and generally make a grand plan to execute any theory I may have. It is a character flaw of mine, one I need to correct. 
Playing Lexulous has exposed this to me once again. Continually, I have tried to save for the big score. I lose many games because of it. It is a losing strategy. Playing for the big score is a rush when you get it. Like winning the lottery. But you most likely will not win the lottery in your lifetime. You are more likely to build your wealth steadily, over time. Just like you are more likely to win at Lexulous, or at anything, if you steadily grind away.
The long homerun pass in football is the one that makes the highlight reel, but the game is usually won 4 or 5 yards at a time.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact