Monday, November 26, 2012

The Day Away From It All


 "Take It easy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy. Lighten up while you still can. Don't even try to understand. Just find a place to make your stand, and take it easy."

-The Eagles

I have worked very hard on myself to get back into the mode of very consistent effort. Day in, day out. Morning to night. Day after day. Week after week. Make lists. Make schedules. Make a plan. For the most part, that has worked out well for me. I am not where I want to be, but I am doing much better. I am a work in progress and I will never be satisfied. Which for me, is probably a good thing.
My next step (I think) is to completely take a day away from it all. No writing. No plotting. No debating plot directions, characters,  blogs. Can I completely shut it down for a day? I am not sure. My mind really doesn't work like that. 
But I do need a day away from it all. I am almost overloading myself to the point of exhaustion now. I had to sleep most of this day because I just did that for a solid 7 days. 


"Easy like Sunday morning." 

-The Commodores

In many religions, Saturday or Sunday is a day or rest. I really don't have a day of rest. Everyday is the same to me. I have concluded I need that one day of rest. Complete rest. As much as my active mind can manage.
If the ideas still come, which they will because I have no way of stopping them, I just need to let them channel in and pass through me. No writing them down. If they are that good, they will still be there on the day I get back to work. It is tough for a creative person like me to accept that, but I think I have realized that it is necessary.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact