Monday, November 19, 2012

The Monday-Tuesday Conundrum


 "Monday Monday.  Can't trust that day. Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way. Oh Monday morning you gave me no warning of what was to be. Oh Monday Monday, how could you leave and not take me"

Most people in the working world hate Monday and do not look forward to it. From a Monday perspective, Friday looks very far away. I used to be like that. Those were the days when I had to drag my ass out of bed and do my day to day job.


 When I started to train race horses, that all changed. Training horses is a 7 day a week job. Horses don't care about weekends. They still eat. They still need exercise. They still need their stalls cleaned and they still need their aches and pains taken care of.
I did that for about 10 years.
When I went back to the working world, for about 3 years, almost every job I took involved working weekends, so that Monday thing again was not relevant.



 Now that I don't work a day job at all, Monday doesn't mean anything to me. It is just another day,  like any day. Except for one thing. Monday is the day in the week when I begin my grand plan to be more productive. For the most part, I achieve very well on a Monday. If I was only as productive on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I would productive as all fuck.
But I am not. I start out Monday with the best of intentions and get so much done. Almost like I am so satisfied with myself, that I begin to relax. If I only did about 50% on the rest of the days of the week of the stuff I do on Mondays, I could write War And Peace in about a month.



 That is the problem I always face. The big rush of being very productive on a Monday and the huge letdown that my lazy ass brings on Tuesday,  and then how it just falls apart the rest of the week. That is my personal challenge. To maintain.
To maintain, or not to maintain. That is not the question. That is the answer.



 So what then, about Tuesday? What to do about waking up on Tuesday and having the vigor and desire that Monday morning brings?




To be continued...on Tuesday.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact