Monday, March 18, 2013

Dear Michael Vick: It is really very simple.

 http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2013/03/17/michael_vick_stands_his_ground_in_face_of_threats.html

“A lot of people are sick and tired of hearing about my past, because there are so many other problems that are going on in this world that need to have attention drawn to them,” Vick said. “People are dying every day, children are being killed, going to jail. Not to say I overlook what I’ve done, but I try to do outreach as a positive.

On some level, I can appreciate what Michael Vick is doing. He made some horrific mistakes in the past. Anyone that promotes and facilitates dog fighting, and then lies about it when he is caught until he has no choice but to fess up has got some serious morality and character issues.
But, and this is a very conditional but, he has seemed to mend his ways. It has always been my opinion that he only stopped because he got caught and that he only repents because we make him, and I have never found his apologies sincere. Nevertheless, he has done some good things. Good for him. If some good can come out of this, then maybe there is some very little upside.
But here is the thing Mr. Vick. People who care about women, children, and especially animals never give anyone a pass or forgiveness when they take innocent animals, use and abuse them as toys for their own sick personal pleasure, then discard them like they are yesterday's newspaper. So, in the above article, Mr. Vick asks this question:

Michael Vick has a question for the animal rights activists who harp on his past and might have made death threats against him: “Why would you continue to bash somebody who’s trying to help make the world a better place?”


Why? It is really very simple. Because you deserve it. If we had laws with any teeth in this country, you would have gotten the death penalty for what you did. Since we don't, your punishment is to continually be hounded and bashed because you deserve it. You did what you did of your own free will. You were gifted in life with great talent and then gobs of money, and you chose to be a first class ass and use that to make sure innocent dogs had unbelievable harm heaped on them. It really doesn't matter what you do now. You can't ever make up for doing what you did, and nobody with any moral character is going to let you or anyone else forget it. Personally, because the NFL let you back in, I refuse to watch the product. That is my small statement I make, in addition to speaking up whenever I see your arrogant, condescending ass flaunting your supposed redemption.

If you are afraid, I say good. Be afraid. I hope you are fearful for the rest of your life. I hope you go to bed every night in fear of that knock on your door by the people who want to get even with you. I hope you feel the fear that those dogs had to fear. Because unlike you, they didn't do anything to deserve it. You did. You can do good things now, but you never, ever get a pass for doing what you did before. It is just one of those things you can never do and people will forgive you for. 

 Wrote one Facebook user: “I would go there to slit your throat knowing how you treat animals.”

In the article, Mr. Vick claims these few are "“the small fraction of people who are still making these derogatory comments and thinking irrationally, they’re in a league of their own."
Obviously, he has learned nothing. They aren't the few. They are the majority. Nobody forgets the type of things you did Michael Vick. Nobody. Many would not say what that facebook used did, but all of us think it. If we had our chance, we would all slit your throat. Because you deserve that.  
The only good thing that could come out of this is if someone does harm you,  make an example out of you and others who are as ignorant as you obviously are think twice before doing it.
Otherwise, I have zero sympathy for you and I will never budge on that. Where I come from, you never harm an animal. Ever.
Just because you are doing good things now, that never will make up for what you did. So I ask you this Michael Vick:

If I go today and kill your children, just for my own amusement, and then repent about it 5 years from now because I got caught and want to save my own skin, does that make it okay? Will you forgive and forget, because maybe I am doing some charity to boost my image and sell books?
Of course not. Some things never get forgiven and forgotten.
It is really that simple. 
Now you know. You are going to carry this burden until the day you die and history will always view you first as that guy who had it all and decided to harm the innocent. That is your legacy.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact