Saturday, July 6, 2013

Some Random Thoughts

1. I think the Nigerian scammer Uncle people might increase their success rate if they simply modified the inheritance amount. The minute I see 14 million, I check out. Just sayin. Put at least some effort into it. You might even get a reply from me if you knock it down to 800,000.

2. I wonder if the UPS truck driving guy ever gets splashed by a huge puddle by a driver going the other way. I don't know about you, but that open door on the drivers side is a deterrent to me ever taking that job.

3. Enough already with the Egypt president-get rid of him, don't get rid of him- stuff. I really don't give a crap. If you want to protest about it, go back to your own country and do it there. The citizens of this country don't care at all.

4. I think the time has come to say the Gay Pride parade is completely counterproductive to the Gay Rights movement. Being that same sex marriage and benefits is now pretty much the standard, trying to stand out as different and way out there goes against the idea that gay people are just like anyone else--except that they have sexual desire for the same sex.

5.  It is still mind boggling to me that there was a time when very educated and cultured people believed that slavery was acceptable and their god given right to have. It just goes to show, education and money don't mean that you will think and act like a good person with real moral values.

6. Seems to me that we would be much better off if we worked with Mother Nature wants to give us instead of trying to take what she doesn't want us to have.

7. I don't care if new immigrants know the names of dead Prime Ministers, or any other person, or what the actual citizenship test is these days, but I would be satisfied if they just took them to the mall and made them park their car within a minute when most can do it in 10 seconds. If they can't, send them back. 

8. Note to players leaving a team. If you say horrible things about them on the way out the door, many teams wont touch you, no matter how much talent you may have. Just shut it and play the game. 

9. Lincoln was a pretty good, but not great movie, but Daniel Day Lewis is one of the greatest actors I have ever seen. His performance in that movie is one for the ages. It was really like watching Lincoln reincarnated.

10.  If you don't invest some of the profits you make today in your future, you likely wont have a future.

 

 

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact