Thursday, September 19, 2013

Life is all about perspective.

This is a blog about wise owls and pussy (cats).

When I was about 10, I was at my grandmothers house--as I was a lot around that age--and it was late at night. She had left the TV on, and then fallen asleep in the other room. The 11 oclock news was over, and then at some point the late movie came on. I remember it well for one reason. If she had known what I was about to see, she certainly would have turned off the TV. Luckily for me, she didn't.


The Owl and The Pussycat was on TV. At that point, I really didn't know that much about girls. I knew I probably wanted to kiss them, but I didn't know why. But then I watched this movie, and all I can remember to this day was that Barbara Streisand was naked at some point, even though they didn't let you see it and that George Segal was going to have sex with her. And that interested me even though I didn't realize what all that meant. So, to this day, I have always thought that was a great movie. Was it? I don't know. I will be watching it again with a different perspective now. The fact that Streisand is naked and Segal is about to have sex really doesn't do that much for me. I have had sex and seen many naked girls, so that novelty wore off ages ago. It is still great, but not like your first time.
Now, I have found the movie on You Tube, and 33 years later I am going to watch it with a different perspective and life experience. 
I'm sure it was a great movie. Segal and Streisand are great actors and the premise was great. But no matter what, I can't go back now and have that wonderment of what they were doing and why I wanted to do it, even though I didn't understand why. 
The only other thing I can remember is that shortly after I was at a public pool and I was majorly hard, probably for the first time, and I didn't want to come out of the pool until I wasn't that hard, but my mother made me come out. I suppose at that point, with girls who were now developed in bathing suits and wet, I had finally figured out why I wanted to do what they did in that movie. 
As I said, life is all about perspective.
Here is my perspective now.  I think I have become wise enough to figure out that you don't wear a Speedo, especially in a public pool where girls are wearing bathing suits and getting wet. That won't likely end well for you.

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact