Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Keeping the faith

Trying to get used to not having something to lean on is not an easy thing. When you are used to something, and it's in your routine, it's foreign when you have to exist and move on without it, even if you know its the best thing in the long run.
So, sure, it was tough today. It's one thing to say something is distracting you and you had to detach or remove it to regain your focus, but its another thing to then actually get to work and not have it there. Today was day 1 with no excuses. No Facebook to blame for my poor performance.The truth is that I am the one to blame for my poor performance, and I am the one to take action to fix it. Facebook was just the roadblock I had to remove. It will still be up to me to make it work.
I suppose every day will just get easier as it goes along. I felt I was productive and somewhat potent today. So, that's a good thing. At least I felt my head was in the game. I didn't make any bad decisions today, and I attribute that to having a focused and clear head. The extreme fatigue I have been feeling lately also went away, and even though I was up early, I never felt like I needed to go take a nap to make it through the day. This will be the first day in probably a week I can say that. I expect to build on that each day.

 It's a start. There is a long road ahead to regain my level, the level I am capable of, and that I need to have to succeed. I guess its just like going to the gym. If you stop going for long enough you have to just get back at it and struggle a bit at the start, until you get the hang of it again. 
Now I have to figure out how to get back in the zone. The zone where you can just look at a race, go over it, and zone right in on the winner. Its something you take for granted when you are in it, but once you fall out of it, you know the value of being blessed to have that.
I have faith in myself, my skills and my work ethic. So, I trust to just stick with it. 
Having faith that it will work out has carried me my entire life, and through some very dark and disturbing days and times. This is no different. Back to the music posts in the blogs, but just one here to close it out. I derive so much from music and poignant lyrics that that will have to be a blog just for that to explain what that gives me. Another day.




 You can linger too long
In your dreams
Say goodbye to the
Oldies but goodies
'Cause the good ole days weren't
Always good
And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems

 I told you my reasons
For the whole revival
Now I'm going outside to have
An ice cold beer in the shade
Oh, I'm going to listen to my 45's
Ain't it wonderful to be alive
When the rock 'n' roll plays, yeah
When the memory stays, yeah
I'm keeping the faith

No comments:

About Me

Daily profile about a specific artist,their life, their work and their impact